What is Safer Gambling Week?
Safer Gambling Week 2020 runs from 19th – 25th November and is a campaign led by the gambling industry that aims to create a conversation with customers, staff and the wider public about safer gambling, driving awareness of:
- how to gamble more safely;
- the tools that are available to help people gamble safely all year round;
- sources of more advice and support.
There is also information and help available to help you stay in control, or quit completely, if that is what you would prefer. If you would like information or need to talk through what’s on offer, you can contact for free and confidential information, advice and support:
– By calling the FREE National Gambling Helpline: 0808 8020 133
Or you can contact the National Gambling Treatment Service by visiting : www.BeGambleAware.org
If in Ireland:
– Visit Dunlewy Substance Advice Centre: www.dunlewey.net
– OR Call FREE
IRL 1800 936 725
NL 0800 886 725
Gambling is a regulated activity for a reason. Sure, it can be fun, but no form of gambling is risk free. If it were, it wouldn’t be called gambling.